Sunday, July 02, 2006

5 or more??

Looking at the title, which is so general, can bring any meaning. Bathe 5 times a day like Lawrence Chin? Watch 5 hours of tv? Chatting on the phone for 5 hours non stop? Having to be called more than 5 times before getting out of bed? Well, what i really meant by 5 or more is the number of times we pray a day.....
We live in Malaysia where our Muslim friends pray 5 times a day. Although it is a must in their religion to pray 5 times a day, I believe 99% of them do it faithfully everyday without much complain, even during this World Cup fever. This is something we can learn from them as Christians. Bowing down on a piece of mat to pray. Maybe we can minus the mat but I really think bowing down to pray is something very meaningful. I'm not sure why the Muslims bow down when they pray but I believe its an action showing that we put down everything else, surrendering all we have to pray. We may say that all these are in our hearts when we pray but God must be more pleased when we put into action. I realized that when someone on the pulpit says 'lets bow our heads and pray', not everyone will do so.
Speaking about praying 5 times a day, I think its something we should really put effort in. Our Muslim friends get up 5 in the morning to pray for the 1st time of the day. I wonder how many Christians do that. I heard a church in Korea wakes up at 4 in the morning to attend prayer meeting in their church. I really admire such people. The passion to pray is so strong. This is something done with full of commitment too.
I myself am trying to be more active in my prayer life. Not only to pray for myself but also for my church, MYF, people around me, etc... In school, I would pray whenever the muslims are praying. For example, when the uztaz prays before the assembly starts, when certain teachers ask the muslim students to pray before he or she starts to teach, when the 'azan' at 1 something p.m is heard (there's a mosque near my school), and every morning before the school makes the morning announcements. Its not as easy as it sounds but I really encourage those who experience this in school to pray at those particular times.
Well, this is all I wanna share with all my blog readers. Hope it really means something to you all because it really means a lot to me. God blezz!!

4 comments:

Gerviene said...

I'm going to start spamming your blog from this day onward so prepare lol. sure get loads of comments, then you can run back to mine and spam it. lol sounds so much fun. Spammar!

Gerviene said...

spam spam spam spam
aku nak spam
spam is fun

i spam jian cus' he's my good friend

so spam is good
spam is perfect
jian is good
jian is not perfect
jian= spam
spam=jian

Gerviene said...

spam spam spam spam

this is not spam

cos i like to spam spam spam spam

update la~~~~~~~~~~~~

spam spam spam spam

Gerviene said...

spam spam spam

My spam varies from diff msgs! Why you spam on the same thing! not creative at all!

Spam spam spam spam

GUrgle dee doodah gurgle dee day!

*buuuuuurrrrp*