Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Has Christmas just passed?

For the past few years at least, I've been so busy when Christmas is around the corner. Caroling, MYF Christmas party, Christmas service, etc.. Will all these ever end one day? I'm not complaining about doing all these for the Lord, it's just that I realized I don't have time for Him on His birthday..

I don't think I ever did spend some serious moments with God on Christmas day. Christmas day is when He sent His son, Jesus to us. No one else could have given me such a wonderful gift. After all many people these days don't give presents out of love anymore. But He gave this miraculous gift to us out of love. That love didn't last only for a day. It lasted till today and it will be for eternity.

Such amazing love He has poured out for me and yet all I did on Christmas was play the guitar in the morning service? How can this be?? My friends can never show me so much love and care but I can spend a few hours with them to celebrate their birthday??

This just doesn't make sense to me at the moment. I can't say for definite that all I did during the Christmas season were for Him. Did I do all that to prove that I'm a capable person?? Am I proving that I can handle many things at the same time and doing it well?? Or am I really doing all that for Him?? I can't give you an answer. Or maybe I'm ashame of giving you the real answer. Sigh..

Lord.. Forgive me if my intentions were wrong. I deeply regret them..

No comments: